PRIVATE LESSONS | Music

February 07, 2010

One Line Drawing, a Performance Art



Once, I wrote songs on poems by Ben Wolf. He was so touched, in appreciation he gave me his one line drawing entitled The Accompanist.

I just rediscovered it in my library. It’s time to frame it.











Ben Wolf was an artist, author and a great supporter of the arts in Philadelphia.

The more famous of his one line drawings is of Leopold Stokowski, which graces the cover of Abram Chasins' book.












One line drawing is quite a performance art. Once you start a drawing, it’s show time.

Mr. Wolf told me a story of how he was working on a drawing of Stokowski but couldn’t quite capture it, and then, in one magical moment, there he was.












Ghena
Join PrivateLessons.com | Since 1996 | USA/Canada