PRIVATE LESSONS | Music

February 24, 2007

From Student to Metropolitan Opera Pro

I am always happy to see my former students doing so well. Today, I got to see Keith Miller in the Metropolitan Opera production of Tchaikovsky’s Eugene Onegin.

Keith graduated from the Academy of Vocal Arts (AVA) in Philadelphia in 2005 and has been singing at the Met for the past year.

Last fall, as I was preparing Eugene Onegin production at AVA, Keith called from New York interested to sing in my production the same role he was slated to do at the Met, and so he did. Smart move.

One curious thing about Keith Miller is that before becoming an opera singer he played professional football for 5 years and had the honor of being an Olympic Torch Bearer for the 1996 Games in Atlanta.

Keith is an excellent artist who has disciplined work ethic and that special likeability. Backstage at the Met it was clear that everyone from principals to support staff love working with him.

Bravo, Keith!



Ghena
Join PrivateLessons.com I Syndicate Feed I Contact Me