PRIVATE LESSONS | Music

August 07, 2005

Teaching to Learn -- Income Matters Too

Andre Enceneat, a PrivateLessons.com member in Maryland, reminds me that even for part-time private music teachers who teach a handful of students, all aspects of teaching process are equally important.

Andre Enceneat: B.A. - Music Composition, Union College - Schenectady, NY; Masters of Science in Music Education, Crouse College - Syracuse University  Vocalist, singer in Germantown, and voice teacher Germantown/singing teacher in Germantown, offering private voice lessons Germantown, singing lessons in Germantown, Maryland, MD. Genres: Jazz singing lessons Germantown MD, Classical voice lessons Germantown MD, Pop singing lessons Germantown MD, Sacred  Maryland: Baltimore, Rockville, Annapolis, Chesapeake Bay, Bel Air, Silver Springs, Temple Hills, Kensington, Westminster, Waldorf, Cockeysville, Germantown, Pasadena MD, New Carrollton, Potomac, Greenbelt, Bethesda, Lusby, Gaithersburg, Columbia, Darlington and Great Mills. As far as $ not being a motivator, that is not the case. I like the money that it generates. I have a full time job, and I am also a part time father, cub scout leader, and professional musician, so to have more than 6 students would spread me a little too thin.

I started my studio in 1996 to help prepare me for a job as a public school teacher (I have a masters in music education, but I was a banker at the time...long story!). The studio helped me to learn how to work with different voice types. Working in an elementary school, I only see children as a certain level of development. As a vocal instructor and coach, I have students ranging in ages from 13 to 55. I like the challenge that it presents. It has, in turn, made me a better vocalist as well.

Ghena


Join PrivateLessons.com I Syndicate Feed I Contact Me