PRIVATE LESSONS | Music

June 20, 2007

The Art of Possibility

I have never met Ben Zander. However, we spoke on the phone once. Some years back Ben called me on a referral seeking a singer for a Russian piece on his concert. I suggested one of my students at the time, mezzo-soprano Marianna Kulikova, and apparently the concert was a success.
What I remember most from those few minutes on the phone with Ben Zander is his enthusiasm and respect. He didn’t know anything about me, yet he treated me as if I were the most important person in the world. I am always happy to help but that desire was amplified by his approach.

I just read
The Art of Possibility, an inspiring book by Rosamund Stone Zander and Benjamin Zander. It is storytelling at its best. They make you believe that the world is full of infinite possibilities.

Here is a clip of Ben Zander in action:





Ghena
Join PrivateLessons.com I Contact Me