PRIVATE LESSONS | Music

April 06, 2007

And the winners are …

Here I go again, just can’t help but be a little bit proud of my students. Two of AVA current resident artists, soprano Angela Meade and tenor Michael Fabiano, won the Metropolitan Opera National Council Auditions held at the Met last Sunday.

My friend Julian Ridescu called me first thing Monday a.m. to announce the news. He was ecstatic about how easily their voices filled the big house with beautiful performances. As a board member of Astral Artistic Services, Julian was there in support of Angela Meade who is one of their artists.

Angela secured the win with “Casta Diva” from Norma, now her signature piece, and Michael Fabiano apparently brought the house down with Lenski’s Aria. Michael sang Lenski role in my production of Eugene Onegin at AVA, which ran last December.

Brava, bravo, bravi!!!



Ghena
Join PrivateLessons.com I Syndicate Feed I Contact Me